This teenager almost died from a vaping-related illness

“I was so sick. It’s the worst I’ve ever been.” Alexander, a 17-year-old high school junior, vaped every day for more than a year and almost died of a vaping-related illness. His lungs were filled with a white cotton-like substance, and doctors told him he narrowly avoided a coma. The number of vaping-related injuries has climbed to more than 2,000 cases in the US, concerning doctors who are trying to pinpoint the exact cause. Massachusetts responded by issuing a sweeping temporary ban of all vaping and e-cigarette products in the state, dealing a blow to those making a living by selling them.

Originally published on CNN Facebook Watch show Go There on  November 13, 2019

Credit: DP, Cinematographer